Introduction Video!



Tuesday 21 May 2013

Los Simuladores...

Just started watching some Mexican TV... "Los Simuladores"... a program about some professional con-artists who solve problems, with an apparently under-lying streak of benevolence.

I have to admit... when I thought of the words "Mexican" and "TV" I was expecting something a whole lot shitter than this. It's actually quite entertaining, and even quite funny.

I've lived in Spain for 2 and a half years, so I can understand classic Spanish pretty well. Mexican's speak faster, pronounce a few things a little differently, use more slang, and, at times, different grammatical forms.

It's quite a challenge actually. I'm considering watching 3-4 episodes a week in detail (using rewind and slower speeds to understand if necessary) to top-up my comprehension before going. Six weeks of that should be quite beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment